Fact finds, balance sheets and inventories
23 August 17
Law Society of Scotland CPD
This live webinar takes place from 12:30-13:30.
Do you have a robust system for regularly reviewing wills?
This convenient 1 hour webinar will give you the practical tips and strategy to help you identify the optimum solutions and options for your clients.
This live event sees industry leaders John Douglas of Finesco and Euan Fernie of Geoghegans explore how preparing a will review summary of all assets within the Chargeable Estate in a ‘draft inventory’ form can assist with consideration and re-evaluation of the extent of any existing IHT issues.
This webinar will highlight vital multiple planning mechanisms available to your clients through taxation and legislation to potentially mitigate IHT issues.
Why should I watch?
- After this session you will be able to:
- Identify the importance of utilising a robust system for will reviews
- Understand how to prepare a draft inventory assessment and indicative IHT calculation
- Utilise possible solutions to mitigate any existing IHT issues:-
- The use of the capital exemptions
- The 7 year rule
- Loan Trust and Discounted Gift Trusts
- The much underused Gift Out of Income rule: school fee planning and Junior ISAs for grandchildren
- The 2 year gifting period: Enterprise Investment Schemes and Business Property Relief structures
- Family Investment Companies
This event will bring you up to speed with the latest thinking and will also equip you with valuable knowledge to add value to your client proposition. This webinar is aimed at experienced practitioners who advise private clients on inheritance tax matters.
Book your place here >>>