Scottish Young Lawyers' Association annual conference
7 October 17
"Progression in the Profession: Towards 2025"
Venue: The Doubletree by Hilton, Cambridge Street, Glasgow G2 3HN
Entitled "Progression in the Profession: Towards 2025", the rescheduled SYLA annual conference encourages attendees to think about where they want to be in 2025, professionally and personally.
Featuring sessions on building your brand through social media, the art of converting contacts, and top tips for positive performance, the programme includes:
- Sharri Plimbley Associates: "Taking on the marketplace: top tips for junior lawyers in Scotland";
- Thembe McInnes, Whyte and Mackay: "The Evolving Role of the In-House Lawyer";
- Rory Penman, Brodies LLP: "How to build a brand through social media";
- Jim Henderson, Shirlaws Group: "Converting Contacts (without it seeming like selling!)";
- Janet Hood, Janet Hood Consulting: "Positive Communication – Professional Performance!";
- Veronica Gallacher, Maclay Murray Spens LLP: "The Power of Coaching"; and
- Keynote Address by Claire Mitchell, President of the Scottish Criminal Bar Association.
The conference offers six hours' CPD for the rate of £65 (£45 for students). The conference is sponsored by Scott & Co.
Click here to book a ticket.