News In Focus
Five join In-house Lawyers' Committee
Five new members have been appointd to the Law Society of Scotland's In-house Lawyers' Committee.
Following a recruitment round last year, the successful applicants are:
- David Boag, solicitor at Glasgow City Council;
- David Bryson, legal counsel at Baillie Gifford & Co;
- Thembe McInnes, legal manager at Whyte and Mackay Ltd;
- Norma Shippin, legal adviser and director at Central Legal Office, NHS; and
- Vladimir Valiente, principal solicitor at Midlothian Council.
The 15-strong ILC engages with in-house solicitors and trainees and represents them within the Law Society, assists in the development of training for solicitors and trainees working in-house, and promotes the value of employing in-house solicitors and trainees to organisations which do not currently employ them.
ILC convener, Graeme McWilliams, said: “I would like to warmly welcome aboard our fabulous five new ILC members. I am really looking forward to working with them throughout 2017 and beyond.”
Click here for the full committee membership.