News In Focus
Roadshow events confirmed for summary justice reforms
Radical plans to reform summary criminal procedure in Scotland by introducing a digital based system will be open to discussion at a series of roadshow events announced today by Scottish Courts & Tribunals Service.
The proposals are contained in the SCTS paper A New Model for Summary Criminal Court Procedure, published on 28 February and featured in the March Journal.
They set out an ambitious new model to transform summary procedure through modern technology and with a new emphasis on case management.
Open to all those interested in the summary criminal justice system, the roadshow events will take place from 4.30-6pm, with refreshments provided, in the following locations:
- 25 April: Apex Hotel, 31-35 Grassmarket, Edinburgh
- 2 May: Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel, 8 Ness Walk, Inverness
- 3 May: Society of Advocates, Concert Court, Broad Street, Aberdeen
- 8 May: Paisley Town Hall, Abbey Close, Paisley
- 10 May: The Corinthian Club, 191 Ingram Street, Glasgow
- 18 May: The Royal George, Tay Street, Perth
- 24 May: University of West of Scotland, Almada Street. Hamilton
To help manage numbers, those wishing to attend a roadshow event are asked to let the team know by emailing Evidenceandprocedurereview@scotcourts.gov.uk with their name, details and event they wish to attend.