Conversations about Death and Dying
5 September 18
Brought to you by Friends At The End
Location: COSLA Conference Centre, Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh
Time: 9:15 am
CPD Event for Legal Professionals, Health Professionals, Social Work and Social Care Professionals to encourage discussions around end of life issues.
56,000 people die every year in Scotland, yet as a society we rarely talk about death and dying. Medical developments mean that we are living longer and that death has become more medicalised, this has impacted on our ability to talk about death and dying.
- Understanding the policy landscape surrounding death and dying
- Increased awareness about how to talk about death, dying and bereavement with individuals and families
- Understanding the role of health, legal, religious and social care services in delivering person-centred care in the final phase of life
- Nurturing and empowering patients to make sound decisions: planning, financial arrangements and medical
- Sharing and learning from good practice from across the sector.
Full details of speakers can be found here.
Tickets cost £95 (£50 for students or low income)
To book click here.