Ageing in Scotland: Justice, Injustice and Protection
4 September 19
Action on Elder Abuse Scotland 2019 national conference
Venue: Hilton Hotel, William Street, Glasgow
This conference will consider society’s perception of older people in modern Scotland, and the ways in which support structures reflect the unique dynamics of older age in relation to harm, abuse and exploitation. It will consider criminal justice, adult support and protection, and other support structures, looking at how we can work towards a more just and safe Scotland for older people.
- Humza Yousaf (Cabinet Secretary for Justice)
- Steven Fitzpatrick (a personal perspective of elder abuse)
- Sandra McDonald (former Public Guardian)
- Paul Greenwood (retired Deputy District Attorney, San Diego)
- Kathryn McKay and Dr Fiona Sherwood-Johnson (Stirling University)
Click here to find out more and book your place.